Need I say more?
This cheesy dip is perfect for your next sports gathering, party, or a lazy day around the house. It’s just perfect all around. I adapted the recipe from this one on allrecipes.com. It’s my favorite site for recipes besides my cousin Sando’s blog, thedailydeelight.com.
I won’t bombard you with recipes, but I will definitely be sharing my favorites from time to time. My recipe series will henceforth be known as: Bake It Till You Make It. I’m a fan of most things catchy so here we go…
2 Large Boneless Chicken Breasts (1 lb)
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 Stalk Celery (finely chopped)
1 8 oz. Package of Cream Cheese
1 Cup Ranch dressing
1/2 Cup Blue Dressing
1/3 Cup Fran Cheese k’s Red Hot (Buffalo) Sauce
1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar-Jack Cheese
Milk (skim or 1% if possible)
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350′
2. Lightly season chicken breasts with salt & pepper. Put Chicken breasts in baking dish. Cover with milk (not completely–you should still see the top of the chicken). Bake for about 45 minutes, turning over halfway.
3. Shred chicken, put it in a bowl and set aside.
4. Add olive oil to large saucepan. Heat and add chopped celery. Simmer until celery is softened.
5. Add cream cheese, ranch dressing, and blue cheese dressing (you can use all ranch if you prefer). Stir and simmer on low heat until mixture is smooth.
6. Add shredded chicken and hot sauce. Mix until blended evenly. Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
7. Lightly grease an 8×8 baking dish. (You can also use a glass pie dish)
8. Add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese to mixture in pan and stir.
9. Add mixture to baking dish.
10. Drizzle hot sauce on top of mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese (1 cup) on top.
11. Put in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes (until cheese is bubbly/golden on top).
Serve with celery (or favorite vegetables), pita chips, Scoops tortilla chips (what I use), baguette, or your favorite cracker.